Thursday, September 18, 2008

mmmm, cake!!

This afternoon I had a few errands I wanted to run, one of them being to JoAnn's to get some more page protectors for my wedding scrapbook. We went inside, did our shopping and left. In the parking lot is an old (but still open) Twisty Treat. Delaney, of course, spots it in the distance and starts saying something. It was windy out, so I had to stop walking and say "What?" a few times. Finally, I realized she was saying "Cake!!" and pointing at the Twisty Treat. Hrm. It's 4pm, looks like rain, and I'm sure as heck not trying to wrangle a 2 year old in the parking lot while I attempt to feed her a soft serve ice cream cone at one of the 2 tables in a 12' square concrete "patio". She gave me an idea before I had time to think of one. She makes the "I'm crushing your head" thing at the top of the ice cream, pinches, and brings her empty fingers to her mouth. "mmmm, cake!" Then, "Mommy!" repeats motions, and feeds me some "cake." I make sure to repeat "mmmm, cake!" We proceed to do this, now using my free hand for my own cake, all the way to the car. I'm sure we looked so weird, but she was happy and I didn't have to deal with a meltdown from no cake. :)

I got so lucky because this is stuff we do when we draw in her coloring books. She always wants me to draw houses on the blank pages in her coloring books. I've gotten tired of houses and add on all sorts of things -- pools, trees, cats, dogs, swings, cars, etc. When I first did the tree I asked her what kind of fruit grew on our tree. As I drew red apples, she responded with "bananas". The Apple Banana Tree was born. After the apples and bananas are drawn, we both proceed to stuff ourselves silly by picking apples and bananas off the trees and eating them, followed by "mmm, bananas!" We're so goofy.

Also updated my 1001, I've added a link in the sidebar for easier access.

2 comments:

Ange said...

That's so fun! You're a great Mom Darcy. :)

Jac said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time! I'm so jealous of being so close to sea world! Ryan and I went on our honeymoon; and I've always wanted to go back.